- Wedding Special 2023Don’t book anything until you’ve read this! Introducing the Muddy marriage guide covering Leicestershire and Rutland and featuring more brilliant local venues and suppliers than you can shake a sugared almond at.
- Cultural Guide 2023Bag your tickets early to these sell-out festivals, shows, exhibitions and more. Get these events on your radar!
- Best Places to Live: Clarendon ParkIf you want to hang out with the cool kids, there’s no better spot than this local neighbourhood in Leicester. A hub for professionals, young families and students, it’s an upbeat part of the city thriving with local indie shops, bars and lively eateries. Read more in my insider guide. Part of our Top 250 Places to Live series in association with Strutt & Parker.
- Where to drink when you're going booze-free!Designated driver, taking part in Dry January, or just on a hiatus from the hard stuff? Try these local bars with enticing no or low booze options, but still with maximum glam.
- Why you should visit the King Richard III Centre this monthKeen to learn more about the rediscovery of Richard III in Leicester? The multi-award-winning exhibition at the King Richard III Visitor Centre is where you should head this month. Prepare to be wowed!
- Best Places to Live: WymeswoldThis pretty Leicestershire village has an award-winning family-run restaurant, a great community spirit and lots of greenery – sounds idyllic, right? Part of our Top 250 Places to Live series. Read my insider guide here.
- bowden-stores-vegan-brunch-muddy-stilettos-leicestershire-rutlandPlant power! 7 places to try veg and vegan food this January!
- Best Places to Live: Market BosworthA small medieval market town which may be a little rural for some, but if you enjoy a slower pace of life, this could be the place for you. Part of our Top 250 Places to Live series.
- Best Places to Live: RothleyIs it the pricey pads, or the wonderful community spirit that make Rothley a big contender in our Top 250 Places to Live 2023 in association with Strutt and Parker? Live here? Lucky you! Fancy making the move? Read more via the link in my bio.
- Kickstart your new year!Get fit and boost your wellness all under one roof in Rothley.
- Festive experiences to visit nowFrom stunning light trails to enchanting fairy tales being brought to life, here’s the loveliest Christmas offerings to visit now.
- Best Places to Live 2023: LoughboroughA vibrant, fast-paced city with a diverse, youthful population and many local gems. Read my in-the-know insider guide to find out why it made the Top 250 Places to Live 2023 series in association with Strutt and Parker
- Best Places to Live 2023: Market HarboroughFeatured in our Best Place to Live series three years on the trot, this leafy green Leicestershire town has great shopping, beautiful buildings, fantastic community spirit and more. Read my in-the-know insider guide here.
- Interview with Lucy StevensThe local Leicester-based artist has opened her colourful new exhibition, Colour Coded Birds at Leicester Museum and Art Gallery. We caught up with her to find out what it’s all about.
- Get yer skates on!9 festive ice skating rinks across Leics, Rutland and beyond
- Review: The White Swan ShawellWhile it may look like a village pub, The White Swan Shawell is anything but! It’s more of a contemporary restaurant and definitely worth going out your way for.
- Best Places to Live: OakhamAs charming as the Cotswolds, but with a cheaper price tag, Oakham has fabulous shopping, great travel connections, charming buildings, beautiful country pubs and a well-heeled vibe. Part of our Top 250 Places to Live series.
- Crystal healing sound bath – does it work?So what exactly is a sound bath? Well for one, there's no water involved! Think of it more as sound therapy for your mind but can it rock your world? I experienced one recently to find out...
- Best Place To Live: Ashby de la ZouchLooking to leave city life? Tucked away deep in the National Forest, this Midlands town has good schools, a busy high street and the charming remains of an old castle. Part of our Top 200 Places to Live series.
- Muddy tries Bikram Yoga!I’ve always wanted to try Bikram Yoga; friends who do it regularly swear by it, gushing how it’s changed their entire body and toned their muscles. Hot room you say? Hey, I’m ready to get sweaty!
- Best Places to Live 2023: UppinghamAs featured in our Best Places to Live, Uppingham has it all; traditional houses , excellent schools and lots of community spirit. Here's why we think it totally rocks.
Be the first to know about Leics & Rutland’s stylish pubs, cool getaways, new openings and the best of what’s on.